Do you know the top three things your employees want from
their jobs? (Besides more money.) One study shows the top
three things workers want are:
That in mind, does your reward system need a check-up?
Check your system against the points in this issue of
60 Second Solutions.
- Interesting work
- Full appreciation for the work they do
- A feeling of being included
|Does your reward system
need a check-up?
|The Challenge: Making employee reward systems more rewarding
The 60 Second Solution:
In 1964, Victor Vroom (a researcher) discovered that employees are only motivated by rewards that they want and they have a shot at obtaining.
So take a look and compare your current system against the following criteria:
Source of information: Carrots.com
- Find out what employees really want. In other words, what do your people value?
- Develop flexible reward systems that provide a variety of attractive outcomes.
- Make a clear connection between the behavior you want and the reward.
- Ensure that employees are trained properly so that they have the ability to do their jobs successfully (give them a realistic shot at success).